dot dot neocities dot org: HTML5 games labs
Hi there, the sole purpose of this website is for me to keep track of my learning on how to build games, starting from 0.
I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to make games (or webistes/programs) to do the same, i.e programming small and easy things at first, to be able to fully understand how that stuff works.
Feel free to
- First steps: canvas drawing basics.
- Moving shapes: illusion of moving stuff. Actually, everything is re-drawn every time.
- Collisions detection: I bet there's math involved here, may google MDN help me.
- Gravity: apply gravity to a simple shape, landing on a ground shape using collision detection.
- First game: combine what I learned so far to make the simplest game ever.
- Flappin' chocobo with cool graphics, flapping bird game-like.